Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't Mess With God

I attend church religiously... but I don't believe in organized religion. I believe that religion is a human construct for the supernatural, so it is imperfect. I am spiritual, and I believe that everyone has a relationship with God whether they want to admit it or even He exists. That's why attend my church, my pastor teaches his flock how to draw closer to God straight from the Word... and he's my grandfather.

Point of the matter is that I don't messes with GOD. I don't toy with Him. Don't bargain with Him. Don't test Him. For all those people who claim to be Christians but are too hung over from partying Saturday night to go Sunday morning, do you still take the Bible seriously?

If so, are you aware that God used to be a swift judge in the Old Testament? One mistake and you, your FAMILY, and all your property were destroyed QUICK. Shoot, even in the New Testament, he struck down a couple who skipped out on their tithes. Word homie?

God is a merciful God. You wouldn't believe how awful life would be if He allowed half of the stupid stuff that we do or say come back and mess us up. I'll test the patience of any dude on this earth (except my cellmate if I ever went to jail), but I hope I never put a strain on my relationship with God yo.

You know what happens when dudes go and try to do their own thing without God's approval? They get eaten by whales. That's mad dehumanizing... I'm supposed to be the top of food chain and I'm now waiting to be digested because I didn't listen to God in the first place.

I'm not the type to witness. Although I should be, since it is the responsibility of every follower of Jesus Christ to proclaim his gospel. I just needed to vent on how scary God can be if a n*gga is not careful.

BTW, has anyone notice that when you do say you do something religiously, it automatically means that you do it with mad dedication. That's funny, since most people don't actually follow religion religiously anymore...

2 comments:

  1. I like this! esp. the last sentence. . .true story "yo" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's necessary. People are toying around with God like it's all good but want to pray until they cry blood when the sh*t hits the fan.

    Yo no more btw.

    ReplyDelete