Tuesday, August 18, 2009

VIDEO: Fabolous - Money Goes, Honey Stay (Remix) ft. Jay-Z



I like the song. I do not like the video as much. I really don't think Jay is a good actor (he would have been terrible as Frank Lucas), so I found the intro tedious. You know? ...you know?

I think there is too much focus on Loso in prison and that stupid party at the end. I don't think there is much of a exploration of Loso's relationship and his girl when he is in prison, that's the subject of the song after all. That's what Jigga is asking over and over and over without a verse to answer (and surprisingly not a wasted feature).

If you're going to make a concept album, you must stay true to the concept. Fabolous is good at marketing high end toys like in "Throw It In The Bag" (...remix is better), but he has to think outside of the box if he is going to show the people the character Loso.

I messes with "American Gangster" hard (pause.) because Jay stays true to his theme, and every video he released was a scene from his movie. He wasn't even in "I Know" because that scene was about the junkie, not the dealer.

I wouldn't buy the vid at iTunes Music Store, but it's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment