Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Affion Crocket - Best I Ever Had Video Spoof



I'm on the fence concerning the public's reaction to Drake. I don't know if his meteoric rise is attributed to hype or genuine anticipation.. does anyone realize that meteors fall down?

I was rocking with Drake back in 2006 when I first heard Replacement Girl (probably because I was dealing with a lil heartbreak and harboring some vengeance). People say he reminds them of Kanye West. While I can understand that Drake descends from hipster hip-hop, he is no swagger jacker. This dude's flow is tight, he can actually sing, and he's one of the few rappers out now that I consider an artist... ie, for the love of the craft and fans, not money.

But the hate is a ripe as the love. For every dude that is banging "Successful," "Ransom" or even "Best I Ever Had," from his car on these NYC streets, I see dudes on line saying he's weak, wack and/or gay. What's really good? He's gotten props from legends like Jay-Z, Dr. Dre and Bun-B. I'm not calling Kanye a legend (yet), but the dude directed that ill-directed "Best I Ever Had" vid. That's all 4 regions of the US holding him down... and he's Canadian!

They say he only gets love from women. And they call him Wheelchair Jimmy because he was a child actor (I MESSES with Degrassi BTW), but you would not put him in the same atmosphere as Bow Wow or Omarion.

Please note how odd it is that Omarion signed to Young Money and Bow Wow signed to Cash Money, def going to blog on that later. Just ripe for commentary... or hate...

I doubt Affion is dissing Drake. He did a spoof on the Hot 97 "free"style Drake had with Funkmaster Flex. I am an avid supporter of Drake, but even I thought reading his lyrics from his BlackBerry was corny when I saw the vid. But Affion messes with Jiggaman and he has said on record that he has no issue with the comedian. Drake probably finds it funny too, and he's obviously big enough to warrant the investment into this spoof.

Spoof's funny. And I'm not saying Affion is a hater. This just gave me something to write about. Take care of those sh*t stains, ladies. They happen, but handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment