Friday, August 28, 2009

I Love Being A Man Pt. 3: Chances?!?



I watched this in disappointment: Men talking about how guys need 2 or 3 times to really prove themselves. Girls (albeit ugly ones in my opinion) talking about how they would give a cute dude another shot or so. Word?

I come from a long line of pastors and players. Yes they are the same in ways I might consider posting about one day... the point is that I have been raised to put the woman's feelings ahead of yours. Sex is a job: your pleasure is my priority. It's a job I enjoy thoroughly, a job I can come back to over and over, a job I can work over and over... but a job regardless.

Then I stopped and thought about it. Within my tiny circle of friends, if a girl does not come back for more then you are booted from the circle. Harsh, but you have to watch the company you keep.

But in the outside world... do girls come back to see if you can do better? Wow.

My mood shifted from disappointment in these men who are below my standards for myself, to relief that the world of women does not expect that much for me. This reality only gives me the opportunity to outshine the status quo, introduce a woman to my reality so that we may shake our heads at this video together.

But the safety net that men have is comforting. I know stories of my homeboys that have slept with girls that were less than spectacular (never had the misfortune, love yall), and they don't answer their phone calls or texts anymore. But men, we get chances. That is one double standard I can't appreciate really, but I can rock with it regardless.

Please note: For any girl that has had sex with one of my homies and have not heard from them since, sorry you had to find out on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yo...we really do boot niggas out the circle! Even past sex though. Just with life in general. Dancing, flirting, pretty much anything. You fail...that sucks. lol that's type rude now that I think about it. Ah well...it's life. Can't be guilty by association.

    p.s. men...if you NEED a second chance...you fail.

    ReplyDelete